"Peace, inner peace, inner well being, that's the real grand prize man. And nothing can take that away from you, and you don't need anything else once you have it." - Josh Macin
I recently came across the story of brazilian jiujitsu world champion Josh Macin. I was both immediately and powerfully moved. There are a lot of people out there who can absorb the wisdom of this story and transform their lives for the better. This is a powerful story of beating depression and finding contentment. I will let Josh share it with you...
My name is Josh Macin – and I am here to share an important medicine with the world. Long story short, I spent the past three years in a desperate battle for my survival. I traveled all around the world, spent easily over $100,000, and spent thousands of hours studying every crevice of holistic and natural health to try and treat a “mysterious” physical and mental illness. I was diagnosed with
major depression, severe panic disorder, ADHD, Bipolar disorder, and if I would have told the whole truth, many more labels would have come my way. After conventional medicine failed me, I took matters into my own hands. I spent at least two months out of the year water-fasting, worked extensively with plant medicines and shamans in the Amazon jungle, went to the most expensive healers money could buy in NYC, did colonics, acupuncture, float tanks, enemas, took as many supplements as I could afford, ate only the cleanest of foods, and tried every diet known to mankind. I practiced yoga and meditated for 4+ hours a day, swam daily, prayed, and reaffirmed myself with positive thoughts every minute. Through all of this work, time, and money, my health continued to decline, seemingly as if I was eating McDonald’s and drinking Coca-Cola everyday.
I really don’t know what kept me alive for those three years – perhaps it was a deep knowing that if I mastered this illness, and came out the other side, I would have a special gift to share with the world. And that is precisely what has happened.
Condensed Show Notes:
- 04:50 - Josh begins his story
- 12:00 - Josh defines Ayahuasca and what it is utilized for
- 14:30 - Josh describes the difference between Ayahuasca and Psilocybin mushrooms
- 15:30 - Josh talks about his first experience with Ayahuasca
- 27:32 Josh explains how plant medicine boosted his intuition
- 42:10 Josh begins to explain his light bulb moment and the events that changed his life
- TheDetoxdudes.com : For many years we have searched, learned, and practiced different ways of optimized living. Whether it be through sex, diet, voluminous reading, or social experience, the goal was always happiness and success. Different stages in life presented us different opportunities of learning. In high school we began to learn about nutrition because of weight cutting for wrestling. In college we studied women because, well, we were in college. And in post-college life we have searched for meaning, purpose, and what it truly means to be alive. Alive in the sense of higher presence, making those around us feel good, and working towards our best and highest selves.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this episode.. Jackson@TheIncreaseLife.com